Saturday, 23 January 2010
The projects are part of a £10million Government programme set up to raise the aspirations of 11-14 year olds and their parents across England.
All the Inspiring Communities projects are being led by local communities - schools, colleges, businesses, and third sector - who working together support and help youngsters on the road to success by giving them work and educational experiences. In Barrow the Central and Hindpool project activities aim to:
- increase opportunities for young people’s participation in sport and arts activities
- provide coaching and mentoring training for adults working with young people
- increase opportunities for parents and young people to influence services in the area
- provide away day activities such as trips and outward bound experiences
- develop the existing Junior Warden scheme and improve opportunities for taking part in environmental activity and much more
For more information please visit Central and Hindpool Neighbourhood Managements blog page here.