- By mid-March you can begin to mow lawns and trim lawn edges
- Cut back buddleia
- Plant summer flowering bulbs such as lily, anemone gladioli
You can start to sow and grow various vegetables including:
- Lettuce – Easy to grow and suitable for container growing
- Leeks – Easy to grow, winter hardy and suitable for large pots and raised planters. Begin sowing under cover (March – April) and plant out in June or when the plants are about the same thickness as a pencil.
- Radish – One of the fasted and easiest vegetables to grow. Suitable for close growing in growing in pots containers. They can be sown from March until August.
- Parsnips – Suitable for large pots, containers and raised beds. They do not like to be transplanted so it is best to sow them direct in their growing position during March or April.
- Beetroot - Easy to grow and suitable for close spacing in containers and raised beds.