What you will need:
1 ounce of butter
500g/ 1 lb green tomatoes, sliced
200g/8oz potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 onion, chopped
1.2 litres/2 pints stock
1 tin beans like borlotti/pinto/cannellini
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
A handful of rice
125 ml single cream or a splash of chilli sauce (optional)
How to make it:
1. Fry the tomatoes, potatoes and onion in butter until softened.
2. Add the beans, stock, herbs, rice, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the veg/rice is tender.
4. Blend 2/3 of the soup and return to the pan. (They can be left lumpy if preferred)
5. Stir in the cream/chilli sauce and reheat gently.